Describe a time you couldn’t stop laughing.

Prompt Response: When me and my best friend watched Twilight for the first time, we played the mustache game. We stuck mustaches on the screen at random, and waited for them to align with faces. Twilight in itself is already pretty funny due to its cultural relativity, but seeing Edward with a hot pink twirly mustache made us lose it. We laughed so hard we couldn't breathe. I didn't even finish the movie.


Summary: We worked on our one pagers.


Reflection: I learned that religion has a strong hold in western culture. I will use this to connect to how I see the world through Christian influenced lenses. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Think about the most stereotypical film you have ever seen. This could be a movie that represents a specific culture, race, gender, or group in an oversimplified or unrealistic way. In your response, explain what film you are referring to, what stereotypes were present in the film, and how those stereotypes shaped your understanding of that group at the time

When Celie says, “The God I been praying and writing to is a man. And act just like all the other mens I know,” she expresses disappointment, betrayal, and disillusionment. Discuss a moment in your own life when something you believed in turned out to be different than what you imagined. How did this realization shape your identity or worldview?