Describe a time when someone’s words had a lasting impact on you.

Prompt Response: I used to hate my hair because I thought it was too flat. It lacked volume and it was a boring color, but one day, I went to a hairdresser. She told me that my hair was very nice. She said that many people wanted my kind of hair. I still remember that fondly now, and I really like my hair. 


Summary: We presented our character posters.


Reflection: I learned that we can have very different interpretations of the same book/characters. I will use this to remind myself of how different people can think. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a moment when you had to step out of your comfort zone.

Think about the most stereotypical film you have ever seen. This could be a movie that represents a specific culture, race, gender, or group in an oversimplified or unrealistic way. In your response, explain what film you are referring to, what stereotypes were present in the film, and how those stereotypes shaped your understanding of that group at the time

When Celie says, “The God I been praying and writing to is a man. And act just like all the other mens I know,” she expresses disappointment, betrayal, and disillusionment. Discuss a moment in your own life when something you believed in turned out to be different than what you imagined. How did this realization shape your identity or worldview?